If your getting ready to launch your new website this checklist will provide some useful insights.
But, before you dive into developing a new website, it’s important to make sure you’ve got a clear plan to follow. A website has so many components, it’s easy to overlook some of the minor details – many of which could impact the success of your new website.
What’s the purpose of your website – Goal Setting
The first step in creating your new website is considering your goals:
Understanding your future goals will help you make better decisions now about how what you need from your website. Think about the strategy for achieving your goals:
Jot down your thoughts so you can stay organized while you build your new website.
Choosing the best website platform
All-in-one solutions such as Wix or Squarespace may seem appealing for beginners, we recommend using the self-hosted version of WordPress.
WordPress offers several advantages that make it an ideal choice for creating a website:
One of the biggest advantages to using WordPress – and one that distinguishes WordPress from platforms such as Wix – is that if you decide to change web hosts, it’s relatively easy to migrate your website from one host to another. That’s something you simply can’t do with all-in-one solutions.
10 things to consider when choosing a website designer in Peterborough
- Look at the web designer’s portfolio to see if their style and approach align with your vision for your website.
- Research the web designer’s experience and past work to see if they have experience in your industry or with similar projects.
- Check the web designer’s references and reviews from past clients to see if they have a good reputation.
- Consider the web designer’s location and availability to ensure they can easily communicate and collaborate with you. Just because a web designer isn’t local doesnt mean they wont be able to communicate effectively
- Verify if the web designer is able to deliver responsive web design and make sure that the website will be accessible from any device.
- Make sure the web designer is able to work on the content management system (CMS) you prefer for your website.
- Look at the web designer’s pricing and see if it fits within your budget and if they offer any post-launch maintenance services.
- Check if the web designer can provide you with a detailed timeline and project plan to ensure that your website will be completed on time.
- Ensure that the web designer is able to provide you with a mobile-optimised website, and that it will be optimized for search engines.
- Make sure that the web designer is able to understand your business requirements and goals, and can create a website that will help you achieve them.