Web Design Facts
- Responsive design was introduced in 2010 by Etan Marcotte in 2010. In order that a website could be accessed from any device, responsive web design created. Having columns and rows that scale to fit the viewing size is the fundamental principle of responsive design. Responsive design makes it easy for you to read the website content without the need for zooming
- Back in 1991 the first website was created by Tim Berners Lee as a way for scientists to communicate with each other
- Almost 30 years ago in 1994 Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) was proposed which allowed web designers to style elements on a webpage. As web designers CSS allows you to control fonts, colours, spacing and lots more
- It is clear that our dependence on our smartphones has increased when you understand that the average smartphone user will check their phone over 150 times per day ( and in most cases only infrequently to make a telephone call)
- According to Digital Information World over the last 3 years, the human attention span has decreased from 12 seconds to 8 seconds. With an average attention span of only 8 seconds, it is important to capture your users’ attention quickly with your web design choices
- First impressions matte. Users form an opinion about a website in the half a second. It takes less than a second for a user to make an impression of the company and its brand just from its website. Therefore its crucial to make positive first impression with so many things playing a role, such as visual design, content, navigation, content, responsiveness and speed. First impressions as a visitor to a website are very important. Your website needs to look good and function well so your visitor can have a seamless user experience. It also needs to be user-friendly so that visitors can get around easily.
Web design tips for manufacturers in Kings Lynn:
- Keep it simple: A simple and clean design is often the most effective for a manufacturing company website. Avoid clutter and focus on clear and concise messaging.
- Showcase your products: Your website should prominently feature your products and highlight their features and benefits. High-quality images and videos are essential for this.
- Emphasize your brand: Ensure that your brand is well represented on the website, with consistent use of logos, color palettes, and typography.
- Make it user-friendly: The website should be easy to navigate, with clear and intuitive menus and calls-to-action.
- Optimize for mobile devices: With more and more users accessing the web on mobile devices, it’s important to ensure that your website is optimized for mobile viewing.
- Include customer reviews: Showcasing customer reviews and testimonials can help to build trust with potential customers.
- Highlight your expertise: Highlight your company’s expertise and experience in the manufacturing industry, and provide resources and information to educate potential customers.
- Include contact information: Make it easy for potential customers to get in touch with your company by including clear and prominent contact information on the website.
It’s important to work with a professional web designer or agency to ensure that your website meets all of these design criteria and effectively represents your brand.
Website Design Kings Lynn
Information and Facts about Kings Lynn
- Originally called Bishop’s Lynn for its first few hundred years only changing to King’s Lynn began when Henry VIII wrested control of the town from the bishop in 1537.
- King’s Lynn, which stands on the River Ouse in west Norfolk, is a medieval port steeped in maritime history. Forty Four miles west of Norwich and thirty six miles east of Peterborough.
- In medieval times Kings Lynn was considered a very important port, only being exceeded by Southampton and London. Its trade brought great wealth to the area and many fine buildings were built. The town was protected by walls and gatehouses and the South Gate is still present today.
- The church of St Margaret stands in the heart of the town and has a very interesting tide clock. Its foundations date back to the 12th Century, although the present building is not as early. For over nine hundred years situated in the town centre is the Saturday market place.
- Nearly half of the town’s population perished in 1349 AD when the Black Death struck the town. Kings Lynn town also suffered great loss of life when floods and gales caused shipping disasters.
- The town’s Trinity Guildhall is the home of ‘Tales of the Old Gaol House’. Visitors can see the original cells of the town’s jail and listen to the corresponding audio information. During the summer months there are guided walks from the Gaol House for those who want to learn more about the town’s history.
- Adjacent is the Kings Lynn Town House Museum, which recreates the domestic life of the Lynn residents from medieval times. There are also displays of archaeology and history dating back to prehistoric times housed within the museum.
- The magnificent Custom House was built in 1683, this now houses the town’s Tourist Information Centre. along with special display of the town’s maritime history.
- Meeting venues or locations in Kings Lynn include Kings Lynn Town hall and Kings Lynn Innovation Centre at Innovation Drive, King’s Lynn PE30 5BY
Interesting Graphic Elements To Incorporate in Web Design
Graphic elements play an essential role in creating an engaging and memorable website. Here are some interesting graphic elements that can be incorporated into web design:
- Illustrations: Illustrations are a great way to add a personal touch to a website. They can be used to highlight key points or provide visual interest. They can be hand-drawn or created digitally and can be customized to match the overall design of the website.
- Infographics: Infographics are a popular way to present complex data in a visually appealing and easy-to-understand format. They can be used to explain a process, present statistics, or show comparisons.
- Animations: Animations can add a dynamic and playful element to a website. They can be used to highlight key features, provide visual interest, or create a sense of movement on the website.
- Videos: Videos are a great way to showcase products or services, tell a story, or provide information. They can be used as a background element or as a feature on a specific page.
- Photography: Photography can be used to create a strong visual impact on a website. High-quality, professionally shot photos can be used to highlight key features, products, or services.
- Icons: Icons can be used to represent different elements on a website, such as social media links or navigation elements. They can be customized to match the overall design of the website and can be created in a variety of styles.
- Typography: Typography can be used to create a unique and memorable look for a website. Different font styles, sizes, and colors can be used to highlight key points or create a specific mood.
- Backgrounds: Interesting backgrounds, such as geometric patterns or abstract shapes, can be used to create a unique and memorable look for a website. They can be used as a subtle background element or as a feature on a specific page.
By incorporating these graphic elements into web design, designers can create a website that is engaging, memorable, and visually appealing.