Website Design Thrapston
Interesting facts and information about Thrapston
- Thrapston is located in the East Northamptonshire district and has a population of over six thousand which is ever growing with new build developments expanding the town. Its history extends to being granted a market charter in 1205. A market charter was granted to the town in 1205, in exchange for two palfreys. This is celebrated every year with the town’s Charter fair, when the high street is closed and the townspeople congregate in commemoration.
- Thrapston covers one thousand seven hundred and sixty two square kilometres
- The population density is three thousand eight hundred and thirty one per square kilometre
- The annual population change between 2011 and 2019 was an increase of 0.96%
- Thrapston is an industrial town in North Northamptonshire, England. It was the headquarters of the former East Northamptonshire district, and at the time of the 2011 census, had a population of 6,239
- Thrapston is situated close to the River Nene and is at the junction of the A14 and the A45 providing excellent road access making it a very popular distribution and storage hub
- Until the 1960s, Thrapston had two railway stations. Thrapston (Midland) was on the Kettering to Cambridge route, and the former station and viaduct can be seen from the adjacent A14 road.
- A relative of George Washington, Sir John Washington, lived in Chancery Lane in the town, and his wife is buried in the Church of St James. Sir John was brother to George Washington’s great-grandfather.
- The town’s football club, Thrapston Town, plays in the United Counties League.