Website Design Stamford
Stamford is a must visit town on any tour of England as is known as the ‘best stone town in England’. It has over 600 listed buildings of mellow limestone in the town centre including five medieval churches, it is architecturally outstanding . Sir Walter described as ‘the finest scene between London and Edinburgh’. of the Five Churches that rank cluster closely together. Burghley House, an unrivalled Elizabethan House is located on the edge of the town.
According to The Sunday Times the historic and picturesque market town of Stamford in Lincolnshire has been named as the best place to live in the Midlands, . Many would describe Stamford as “architectural eye candy”. Rankings factors, included schools, air quality, health of the high street and culture, for which judges were impressed by Stamford’s weekly market, as well as how it celebrates local independent shops. Stamford was successful in beating Stratford-upon-Avon in Warwickshire and Rutland plus Edale in Derbyshire.
- House sale data found that the average home in Stamford costs £289,950, and the average rental costs are £795 per month
- Small and micro businesses in Greater Lincolnshire employ a greater proportion of the workforce than nationally.
- Small businesses in Greater Lincolnshire were responsible for a greater proportion of job creation than nationally between 1998 and 2008.
- The population of Stamford is just over 20,000. New College Stamford provides post 16 further education.
- Tourism plays an important part in Stamford’s economy