Web Designers In Peterborough Can They Build Great Websites
The Different Types of Web Designers
There are lots and lots of web designers in Peterborough (and individuals) who will suggest they can build you a website. The unfortunate fact is that they will all build you a website and these will range from
- The Graphic Designer site which will probably look visually stunning and be capable of winning a multitude of awards for looking pretty.
- The Nerd site – often built by a computer genius in a bedroom on a platform that you need a degree in nuclear physics in order to be able to access, let alone modify
- The Home build – started as a project on a FREE web platform (because it was free) many, many months ago, but you never quite get round to finishing
- The internet marketing company – who will be able to build a site that can get found and importantly will lead to conversion and ultimately the phone ringing, orders being placed or customers walking through your door.
Improve Your Website Performance Today
Web Designers In Peterborough The Questions To Ask
If you are looking at having a website created or having your existing website modified or redesigned by web designers in Peterborough then asking the following questions may help you in your selection process
- First ask yourself why you want a website – WOOH . Yes the first question you need to ask is what do I want the website to do. Now this can range from being a simple on line catalogue, so that when someone in Peterborough types in my product or service in a search engine, your company will appear in the search facility. So that quite possibly they can find your telephone number and then call you.
- So there’s a crucial point, for many companies its not about having a website, its about ensuring your telephone number appears.
- At this point it may be that having a fully optimised Google listing could be a good investment, and that having a beautiful looking website will never provide you with a return on investment. This takes us to the next most important question ROI on internet activities which I will cover in the next article
Key questions your web designer should ask before starting your website design and build
1. Describe your company from a telescopic viewpoint
The idea here is to understand the big picture. The answer to this question should provide information to get a basic understanding of your client’s company and their industry. They should ask you about ask about your mission and values and list the services and/or products you provide
2. Where do you see yourself and your company in 1, 5, 20 years?
A website designer needs to understand where your business is headed and what you hope to achieve. What are your plans to expand or dive into new markets as time moves on. By understanding your longer term vision may allow the web designer more opportunities to creatively partner together or add more value to the project.
3. What is the biggest challenge you face as a company?
Website designers are here to solve problems—not just make things look pretty. A good web design agency need to understand how they can help you through design and the creative process. It’s important to know a companies strengths and weaknesses. This allows the web designer to bring some potential solutions to the table also helps them start to the marketing process. Creating that trust is important and lets them know that you’re working together.
4. Describe your company in 5 single adjectives
This where you start to get a sense of your company’s personality. Are you expressive or serious? Cost-effective or luxurious? Adjectives are useful when compiling a design mood board.
5. What problem does your business solve?
This is the core of your business. You need to understand the problem to know how to solve it. You’ll probably hear the answer to this question in all the other questions but it’s important to answer this directly so the web designer and marketers can take time to think about it.
Businesses are in the thick of it and subconsciously know what they are doing day-to-day, but can lose sight of what the actual problem is or even why they are trying to solve it.
6. What functional and emotional benefits do you offer your customers?
This starts the conversation about what makes your company unique. It also sheds light on their solutions to the problem you are solving. Are you helping customers save time or be less stressed? Or perhaps you are appealing to the heart and the brain
7. Its all about the businesses customers
The most important question here is “Why?”
You shouldn’t be thinking about what you want from a website. You should be thinking about what your customer is looking for
By always asking, “Why?” It helps and encourages businesses to think beyond their personal preferences and to start thinking about their customers. It puts words to thoughts and feelings they might have trouble describing.
8. Who are your target customer?
Your target customer isn’t everyone in the universe.
Your customers need to be broken down by category. Is your target audience farmers or more specifically cereal growers?
Do they have multiple audiences? Maybe it’s a cereal growers and large acreage horticlture. When creating customer personas, simply think about one individual. Look at their demographics but more importantly, their behaviours, wants, and needs as it pertains to their business.
You’re creating a website for your target audience not for the marketing director or CEO of the company. Sometimes their personal design preferences may overlap but not always.
9. Who are your competitors? What are their strengths? What are your advantages?
Most business ideas or new product developments aren’t radically new. Therefore you need to understand about the industry, your competitors and what the norms are. Great website design is a delicate balance of blending in but standing out.
Web designers in Peterborough, Marketing Campaign Measurement, Marketing Metrics and Analytics
If you would like to know more about web designers in Peterborough, marketing metrics and analysis contact Andrew Goode MBA, MSc, FCIM Click here to arrange a call
Other articles linked with marketing metrics that may provide additional insight. Marketing metrics and analytics, marketing ROI Planning , marketing revenue analytics and Marketing Measurement Metrics