What will happen to manufacturing in the future.
In this article I will briefly cover five personal views. If these differ to yours please let me know.
The world of manufacturing is changing rapidly.
Key areas such as
- people are all seeing significant changes.
- What of additive manufacturing and the impact of robots…
1. Manufacturing changing From … To
|Process||Consistent, Limited flexibility||Agile, Highly collaborative and capable|
|Measures||Cost, quality (now a given) delivery||Efficiency, Sustainability, global impact|
|Facilities||Legacy locations, equipment and infrastructure||Innovative, sustainable|
|People||Specialised workers, processes, reliant on intervention||Knowledge based, continuous improvement|
2. Additive Manufacturing AM
So a change where to buy propecia from the process of removing material to the processing of adding material and building up
- Prices are dropping
- Smaller batch production
- Accuracy improving
- Complexity is FREE (it just takes time)
- High value parts and low volume
- So could AM move to lower value higher volume?
It is estimated that between 2015 and 2018 1.3 million robots will be installed in factories worldwide
4. Continued Material Developments
- Carbon fibre is now a mainstream product
- Battery technology has dramatically reduced charging times
5. Whats of importance to the big business
- Supplier or partner
- Commercial terms
- Customer Focus
- Accounting practices
What do you think will be the future of manufacturing? We would love to hear your thoughts
In our experience there are many manufacturers who are brilliant at their own sphere of manufacturing, but very oftem very poor at teh dark art of marketing. For more information on manufacturing marketing click here to talk to Andrew Goode an experienced marketing consultant with manufacturing experience click here