What will happen to manufacturing in the future.
In this article I will briefly cover five personal views. If these differ to yours please let me know.
The world of manufacturing is changing rapidly.
Key areas such as
- people are all seeing significant changes.
- What of additive manufacturing and the impact of robots…
1. Manufacturing changing From … To
|Process||Consistent, Limited flexibility||Agile, Highly collaborative and capable|
|Measures||Cost, quality (now a given) delivery||Efficiency, Sustainability, global impact|
|Facilities||Legacy locations, equipment and infrastructure||Innovative, sustainable|
|People||Specialised workers, processes, reliant on intervention||Knowledge based, continuous improvement|
2. Additive Manufacturing AM
So a change where to buy propecia from the process of removing material to the processing of adding material and building up
- Prices are dropping
- Smaller batch production
- Accuracy improving
- Complexity is FREE (it just takes time)
- High value parts and low volume
- So could AM move to lower value higher volume?
It is estimated that between 2015 and 2018 1.3 million robots will be installed in factories worldwide
4. Continued Material Developments
- Carbon fibre is now a mainstream product
- Battery technology has dramatically reduced charging times
5. Whats of importance to the big business
- Supplier or partner
- Commercial terms
- Customer Focus
- Accounting practices