Car Rig Photography Get The Best Shot Of Your Vehicle
Car Rig Photography
Perhaps you’ve not heard the phrase “rig photography” before, but chance is you’ve almost certainly seen examples of it. It’s the technique used to capture those fantastic images of cars, vans or motorbikes that give the appearance of speeding down the open road. The type of images you see in adverts selling premium quality cars.
Only it’s not half as dramatic as it looks. The cars aren’t speeding for starters. They have a long metal boom attached with a camera on the end and they are being pushed to minimise vibration.
Car Rig Equipment
These fantastic motion shots are acheived by using car rigging equipment. Car Rigs comes in a variety of shapes and sizes, with
- Adjustable poles of varying length to suit the vehicle
- Adjustable poles to suit the demands of the area view to be photographed.
- Quality Suction Cup mechanisms to secure equipement to the car
- Pole clamps
- And importantly a secure camera mounts are crucial.
When the equipment is secure (remember the adage check twice it only needs to fall off once) the photography fun starts. With car rig photography, car motion and camera shutter speeds, together these elements create fantasic motion shots that cunjure an image of speed and motion.
Photography rigging is a popular tool used in automotive photography that attaches to the car or vehicle. Acheiving fantastic results by the physics of the car and camera moving in tandem.
Car Rig Photography
John Owen specialises in high detail, extremely sharp car and bike photography. He can achieve great shots either on location or in the studio. John tells us “Cool, sharp, breathtaking – stunning rig shots take a special skill set and a good kit-bag of tricks. We use different rigs systems on cars dependent on the type of vehicle and the end effect required”. For some examples of click here or talk to John Owen
Contact Andrew Goode an experienced business development professional who can help you commercialise car rig photography. To see further examples of how great photography can be used click here
Automotive Photographers Making Metal Look Sexy
What makes a good car picture
There are lots of people taking automotive photographs. The reason for this could be that to many cars are such an emotive item people / owners want a photograph of the vehicle to provide a long term memory.
- Whether its a picture of your current pride and joy,
- A photograph to show off your first high performance vehicle,
- Images of a lovingly restored vehicle
- A picture that showcases both the vehicle and the driver
- A sexy provocative image that can be used to sell products or grab attention
Automotive Photographers What Makes A Great One
For many people photography is a very subjective skill. To the automotive photographers who have spent days composing the shot, creating the ideal lighting conditions, identifying the correct props etc their great automotive photograph could appear as just a nice picture to a non photographer. With so many people having could quality digital cameras (outside of the millions with point and shoot digital cameras) what makes it that someone can create a high impact (in fact stunning) automotive image.
The following is possibly a list of what constitutes great automotive photographers
- A passion not only for photography but equally a 100% petrol head
- Somebody who understands design and branding and can associate the context in which a vehicle (and its owner) should be photographed
- A people person who can get to understand what the vehicle means to the owner / user, and the sense of joy / fear / excitement that the vehicle provides
- The photographer will also be a owner of high performance cars and motorbikes and will be able to understand the context of the vehicle
- Someone with immense creative talent who can transform an automotive snap (that can be used as a screen save) into a monster canvas that you will want on the wall, that will enthuse you and others every time its viewed
Electric Truck Vehicles Economical & Quiet
Electric Truck Vehicles Can Save You Money
Do you match one of the following scenarios.
- You are a manufacturer with a large industrial single site or perhaps you have a number of large sites all located within a close geographic area (perhaps just tens of miles from one another)
- You are a large single or multi sited university or college campus. With accommodation, halls of residence, lecture rooms and theatres, workshops and a multitude of lecture rooms and stock rooms to keep stocked and operational
- You are a facilities management company responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and general day to day running of a large science park, industrial estate or retail complex
In all the above cases you may well benefit from using an electric truck which would offer a number of significant advantages over an equivalent petrol or diesel vehicle
The advantages of an electric truck over an equivalent diesel utility vehicle in the above scenarios
- If you are typically driving up to 60 miles a day of short continuous stop start driving then an electric truck should from a fuel cost perspective will potentially yield a significantly lower running cost
- Electric vehicles are incredibly easy to drive, some typical comments about Fox EV electric trucks include
- “The electric vehicles are so responsive it makes driving them a real pleasure”
- “Having to travel around the campus both early morning and late at night the quiet operation of the electric truck makes it an ideal method of transport”
- “The narrow width and excellent manoeuvrability of the Electric Trucks makes them ideal for using on pathways / narrow limited access areas unsuitable for a larger diesel vehicle
- “I love the fact that apart from putting on charge last thing, the Fox electric vehicle is virtually maintenance free”
- “We need to use our vehicle to drive to sites throughout the city and the vehicle is great to drive on the road”