Website Design & Build Cost Calculator
Curious about web design pricing? You can use our web design calculator to give you an idea of what a website may cost.
To get started simply select the features you want and build the site that best fits your needs and budget.
Calculating the cost of your next website
The cost of having a website designed and built can vary greatly depending on a number of factors, such as the complexity of the site, the level of customisation required, and the experience and expertise of the designers and developers. When developing a website, there are several costs that should be considered and allowed for in the budget. Here are some key expenses to keep in mind:
- Domain Registration: This involves purchasing the website’s domain name (e.g., www.webdesignpeterborough.co.uk). Domain registration costs can vary depending on the chosen domain registrar and the type of domain you want (e.g., .com, .org, .net).
- Web Hosting: Websites require hosting to store their files and make them accessible on the internet. Web hosting services can range from shared hosting (lower cost, shared resources) to dedicated hosting (higher cost, dedicated resources).
- Design and Development: The cost of designing and developing the website itself can vary significantly depending on the complexity of the project, the expertise of the developers, and any additional features or customizations required.
- Content Creation: If you need assistance with creating high-quality content such as text, images, videos, or graphics for your website, you may need to allocate a budget for content creation, whether it’s hiring a professional copywriter, photographer, or graphic designer.
- E-commerce Functionality: If you plan to sell products or services online, you’ll need an e-commerce platform integrated into your website. Costs can include the development of an online store, payment gateway setup, SSL certificate for secure transactions, and ongoing maintenance.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): Investing in SEO can help improve your website’s visibility on search engines. Costs may include keyword research, content optimisation, link building, and ongoing monitoring and adjustments to improve search engine rankings.
- Maintenance and Updates: Websites require regular maintenance, including software updates, security patches, and backups. It’s essential to allocate a budget for ongoing maintenance and potential technical support, especially if you don’t have the expertise to handle it yourself.
- Online Marketing and Advertising: If you plan to promote your website through online marketing channels like social media advertising, pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns, or email marketing, you should consider allocating a budget for these activities.
- Analytics and Tracking: Setting up analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, can help you track website performance, visitor behaviour, and conversion rates. While many analytics tools are free, you might need to invest in custom tracking setups or advanced analytics platforms.
- Training and Education: If you or your team members need to acquire new skills or knowledge to manage and update the website effectively, you might consider budgeting for training courses or educational resources.
It’s worth noting that the specific costs can vary depending on factors such as the size and complexity of the website, the platform or CMS (content management system) used, the level of customization required, and whether you hire external professionals or use in-house resources.
Other factors that can impact cost include the use of website templates or pre-built website builders, the cost of website hosting and domain registration, and the cost of any additional services, such as search engine optimisation or content creation. To get a more accurate estimate for your website, it is best to consult with a web design or development professional who can evaluate your specific needs and provide you with a detailed cost estimate.
The calculator is designed to give you an initial idea of website may cost. There are many other factors to consider and we would always suggest that if you are looking to have a new website built you discuss in the first instance with a Marketing / Web expert
If you would like to know more about Website Design contact Andrew Goode MBA, MSc, FCIM Click here to arrange a call
Other articles linked with marketing metrics that may provide additional insight. Marketing metrics and analytics, marketing ROI Planning , marketing revenue analytics and Marketing Measurement Metrics and Website Design