The following article walks you through the steps to make a Google Places review
Google Places Review set up based on “Brightfield Business Hub“
Having used the Brightfield Business Hub for a recent business meeting I have used them as the example company to show how to make the Google places review.
Step 1: You must have a Gmail account and a Google account (it is possible to have one but not the other)
If you don’t already have a Gmail account , please go to https://gmail.com and signup for one.
Tip – list a secondary e mail that you frequently use to have the password sent to should you forget it. This is especially important if you wont be using these frequently.
If you don’t have a Google account https://www.google.com/accounts/Login
Step 2: Google Places Review set up
You need to sign into Gmail and click on Google account in the top right hand corner of the page
Step 3: While your in Gmail search the web,
Type in the search term of the company name that you want to review in this case Brightfield Business Hub
Google is always tweaking how it displays results so the image you see may be different to above. When you conduct your search you might find
- some pink sponsored links (where companies have paid to appear) – these occur at the top and to the right hand side
- Some white organic search results – in this case the Brightfield Business Hub have the top 3 organic search spaces
- Its the Google places listing that carries the capability to ‘Write a review‘. This is the element you want your happy and satisfied customers to complete.
- Note: Google Places used to be called Google Local Business Listings
Step 4: When you click on the ‘Write a review’ you will be greeted by the following screens
- Use your nickname and start rating
- Type in the keyword / phrase for the company that you want to review
- You can then score from 1 to 5. The better the service / experience the higher the star rating.
- You can then write your review
- And finally you can publish the review
Warning: Do not cheat on Google Places Reviews
- If you try and cheat Google Places Reviews you will get found out by the very clever people at Google
- Reviews are there to help people in the search process so Googles takes them very seriously.
- Google can identify where reviews have come from (computer wise) so make sure that you treat the system as it was intended E.g Deliver a great product or service and have customers who experienced this comment on your Google places listing
- If you cheat and get found out prepare to face the wrath of Google through rank degrading
The Importance of Google Reviews
Google Reviews play a crucial role in today’s digital age, influencing the reputation and success of businesses across various industries. These reviews, submitted by customers who have experienced a company’s products or services, hold significant importance for several reasons.
First and foremost, Google Reviews serve as a valuable source of social proof. Potential customers often turn to these reviews to gauge the trustworthiness and credibility of a business. Positive reviews can instill confidence and encourage new customers to engage with a company, while negative reviews may deter potential clients. In this way, Google Reviews can directly impact a company’s bottom line, driving sales and revenue.
Moreover, Google Reviews contribute significantly to a business’s online visibility. Google’s search algorithm considers the quantity and quality of reviews when determining search rankings. Businesses with a higher number of positive reviews are more likely to appear in prominent positions in search results, increasing their chances of attracting organic traffic. This visibility is critical in a competitive digital landscape, where consumers often make purchasing decisions based on search engine results.
Google Reviews also provide invaluable feedback and insights for businesses. They offer a direct channel for customers to express their opinions and share their experiences. This feedback can help companies identify areas for improvement, refine their products or services, and enhance the overall customer experience. By listening to customer feedback, businesses can adapt and evolve, ultimately strengthening their operations and customer relationships.
Furthermore, Google Reviews foster transparency and accountability. When businesses respond to reviews, whether positive or negative, they demonstrate their commitment to customer satisfaction and open communication. This interaction with customers can build trust and loyalty, as it shows that the company values its customers’ opinions and is willing to address concerns.
Google Reviews are of paramount importance in the modern business landscape. They influence consumer decisions, impact search engine visibility, provide valuable feedback for improvement, and promote transparency and accountability. In an era where online reputation is integral to success, businesses must actively manage and engage with their Google Reviews to thrive and grow in the digital marketplace.