The following article walks you through the steps to make a Google Places review
Google Places Review set up based on “The Storage Hub”
Having used the The Storage Hub to cater for a recent business breakfast I have used them as the example company to show how to make the Google places review.
Step 1: You must have a gmail account and a Google account (it is possible to have one but not the other)
If you don’t already have a gmail account , please go to http://gmail.com and signup for one.
Tip – list a secondary e mail that you frequently use to have the password sent to should you forget it. This is especially important if you wont be using these frequently.
If you don’t have a Google account https://www.google.com/accounts/Login
Step 2: Google Places Review set up
You need to sign into gmail and click on Google account in the top right hand corner of the page
Step 3: While your in Gmail search the web,
Type in the search term of the company name that you want to review in this case The Storage Hub
Google is always tweaking how it displays results so the image you see may be different to above. When you conduct your search you might find
- some pink sponsored links (where companies have paid to appear) – these occur at the top and to the right hand side
- Some white organic search results – in this case the The Storage Hub have the top 3 organic search spaces
- Its the Google places listing that carries the capability to ‘Write a review’. This is the element you want your happy and satisfied customers to complete.
- Note: Google Places used to be called Google Local Business Listings
Step 4: When you click on the ‘Write a review’ you will be greeted by the following screens
- Use your nickname and start rating
- Type in the keyword / phrase for the company that you want to review
- You can then score from 1 to 5. The better the service / experience the higher the star rating.
- You can then write your review
- And finally you can publish the review
Warning: Do not cheat on Google Places Reviews
- If you try and cheat Google Places Reviews you will get found out by the very clever people at Google
- Reviews are there to help people in the search process so Googles takes them very seriously.
- Google can identify where reviews have come from (computer wise) so make sure that you treat the system as it was intended E.g Deliver a great product or service and have customers who experienced this comment on your Google places listing
- If you cheat and get found out prepare to face the wrath of Google through rank degrading