Things To Do For The Family
Things To Do Outdoors in Peterborough
Things to do outside include
- Peterborough has an award winning 500 acre country park which provides the venue for lots of activities including
- Fishing, where the large lakes hold an extensive array of fish including Bream and Carp
- Horse riding, on dedicated bridle paths away from road traffic
- Train rides, ideal for youngsters or the young at heart
- Lots of walks on a range of different paths making them suitable for those requiring a wheelchair friendly surface
- Cafes where you can get both hot and cold refreshments
- A caravan club campsite is also within the grounds providing a perfect place to pitch up within glorious countryside but within walking distance of the city centre.
Peterborough Rowing club
- Peterborough has its own rowing lake on which is based Peterborough Rowing Club.
- The rowing lake is a great environment whether you want to have a walk round and enjoy the views and admire the nature or to watch the rowing events.
- At the end of the rowing lake is the Boat House srefreshments can be obtained whilst you watch the rowers perform
Indoor / Inside activities just in case the sun isn’t shining in Peterborough include
Ten Pin Bowling
Peterborough has two ten pin bowling bowling alleys AMF bowling and Lakeside situated in different parts of the city which can be enjoyed by small or large groups. Checkout their website for special promotions or discounts which offer lower cost games or other deals
Swimming indoor or the lido
- Peterborough has a number of swimming pools the two most popular are
- The Lido an outside pool which is great for summer’s days situated in the centre of Peterborough
- The Regional Pool is the largest indoor Swimming pool located within the city and is ideal if the weather is not so good.
- Peterborough has an ice rink to enjoy called Planet Ice which caters for lots of different events from fun to professional ice skating. It is also the home of the Peterborough Phantoms Ice Hockey team
- It is best to contact Planet Ice directly to check availability and session times
- Peterborough has a cathedral open 364 days of the year and welcoming approximately sixty to seventy thousand people a year
- The 1300 year old building has lots to offer including a variety of tours to suit all the family
- The cathedral also hosts lots of music festivals and events.
- Peterborough city centre main shopping centre is Queensgate shopping centre however it boasts a diverse variety of independent retailers who offer a variety of products and services
What To Do in Peterborough
For more information on Things To Do checkout the tourist information or for marketing information on getting more people to visit your website click here .To contact Andrew Goode an experienced marketing professional click here