Peterborough Heritage Festival Experience 2,000 Years Of The Regions History
Heritage Festival 22nd and 23rd June
What’s the Peterborough Heritage Festival all about?
What events and periods does Heritage Festival cover?
- See Iron Age tribesmen and Romans who are coming along, tying in with the story of Bouddica’s rebellion.
- Marauding Vikings and fearsome Saxons, recreating the time of the sacking of the first abbey church in 870.
- Colourful medieval knights from the fourteenth century tying in with the period of death and killing as four hundred people were hanged or put to the sword.
- Civil War Roundheads who, took the city in 1643 and sacked the Cathedral.
- The prison of war camp for Napoleonic soldiers 200 years ago will allow teh red-coat soldiers
- Also soldiers from world war one and world war two will be on display but the focus wont just be about the military activities, there will be features on day-to-day life, about how people fed themselves, prepared and cooked, slept, cleaned, i.e. did all the normal mundane daily things that really brings history alive.