New Product Development Funding (NPD) Grant Funding For SME Manufacturers
Phase 2 R&D, Demonstration & Market Replication
For companies successful with a Stage 1 funding application there is the opportunity to go for a second stage of funding which covers additional activities and offers significantly higher funding values.
Innovation projects have the potential to be supported if they address specific challenges identified that demonstrate high potential in terms of company competitiveness and growth underpinned by a strategic business plan.
Expected Client Profile For The EU NPD Funding Is As Per Phase 1
- Scaling Up
- Market Replication
What you need to do to apply for the funding
Proposals shall be based on an elaborated business plan either developed through the previous phase 1 (or another means). Note indicative information suggests that successful Phase 1 applicants have a significantly higher chance of being successful at Phase 2 application).
It is recommended that particular attention must be paid to Intellectual Property protection and ownership.Applicants will have to present convincing measures to ensure the possibility of commercial exploitation. Proposals shall contain a specification for the outcome of the project,including a first commercialisation plan and criteria for success.
Funding Available, Project Duration and Customer Commitment
- Proposals can request a contribution from the EU between EURO 0.5 and 2.5 million
- Projects should last between 12 and 24 months
The process / next step for the manufacturer
- If you are interested in the EU NPD project funding contact Andrew Goode on 01733 361729 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will get a Technology Consultant to contact you and they will discuss your requirements
- At this point there are two options
- If they think your project has no chance of grant funding success they will advise that you dont go through the application
- If they think you have an opportunity of completing a successful grant funding bid they will suggest that you make an application. At this point there is a £5000 bid fee payable
For more information on new product development funding click here Andrew Goode a call on 01733 361729. For more information on Grant Funded Manufacturer support click here.