Things to consider when creating a landing page
What is a landing page
A landing page is specifically designed and optimised for your specific target audience. These can be created to match adverts that you place ( Google / Facebook adverts) or specific promotional activities that you are implementing – direct mail, email etc. They should feature all relevant information, calls to action ( reasons for the person to do something) and make it easy for the person to be able to contact you.
What makes a great landing page
Consistency is the key between your landing page and other marketing materials ( adwords, website , adverts etc). Elements such as colour’s, imagery and information should be consistent. Note you might choose to use imagery not normally associated with your traditional marketing if you are looking to create impact. Getting these elements correct will aid the success of the landing page
On the landing pages communicate value, showcase what’s in it for the target customer
This needs to be evident immediately the user lands on the page.
- What you do
- Who you do it for
- Have a benefits section that identifies 3 – 4 key areas of what you are offering
- This will help the user understand what products / services you are offering
- Call’s to action must
- Be clear and straightforward
- Include contact forms
- Clearly showcase contact details
- Showcase an offer that will stimulate the reader to be interested in taking action
- Consumers whether Business to Business (B2B) or Business to Consumer (B2C) are looking for social approval. Consumers judge a product or service based on whether popular or not. For B2B add testimonials with companies logos on your landing page and even better if possible video testimonials
Important: The more targeted the customer niche, the more the landing page can be focused on their needs
Note: including a pop up on the landing page can stimulate the visitor to take action
FREE Website Performance Check
- Speed plays an important part in website performance how well does yours perform on desktop and mobile?
- Is your site mobile responsive if not how many customers are you losing?
- Is your site HTTPS?
- With GDPR in place is your site legally compliant?
- Find out about loads more website performance issues