Seven Steps To Consider In helping You Find A Solution
1. Where is this issue on a scale of 1 – 10?
- Where 10 is devastating and somebody might die
- Where 1 is its a minor inconvenience
- Being able to identify the size of the issue will allow you to identify the priority it requires
2. How important will this be in 6 months time?
- If it will be of no importance in 6 months then perhaps it isn’t really a business challenge
- If not sorting this out now will mean that in 6 months its a major issue, then perhaps you need to be allocating resource to solve the problem
3. Is your response appropriate and effective?
- Just because your best customer is one day overdue on payment should you really send them a letter telling them that you will never supply them again
- A supplier has inadvertently sent you the wrong item. Do you really need to de list them
- A customer complains about a customer experience – do you really want to publish on social media that this specific customer is a pain
4. How can you improve or influence the situation?
- Is there anything that you can do that will facilitate solving the problem
- Will anybody else have faced this problem before
- Will some new technology, equipment or expertise help you in the resolution
5. What can you learn from resolving the challenge
- In resolving the challenge what helped
- Were any particular people of help
6. What will you differently next time
- As part of the experience in resolving the challenge do you now know what systems and processes you can improve / change
- How will you make sure you don’t make these mistakes again
7. What can you find that’s positive from resolving the challenge
- Often being faced with an important challenge to resolve provides us with lots of learning points
- Why not takes some time out to consider what positives have come out from resolving the challenge
- Can these positive points be communicated to the rest of the company
Faced With A Business Challenge
If you are faced with a business challenge and could benefit from external help simply click here Andrew Goode of Blue Dolphin Business Development on 01733 3618729 . For more information overcoming business challenges click here